Societe Bakery shop is a trade name of Societe catering can be referred to in this site as “we”, “us”, “ours” “Societe catering”
1. What information do we collect?
We collect your personal information when you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our Sites to place an order. We also look at how visitors use our Sites, to help us improve our services and optimise customer experience.
We collect information:
• when you create an account with us, or you change your account settings;
• when you place an order with us and during the order process (including for payment and order delivery);
• when you contact us directly via email, phone, post, message or via our chat function; and
• when you browse and use our Sites (before and after you create an account with us).
We may also collect certain information such as your IP-address, your time zone and city, information about the device and the browser you’re using to access the Application, the location you’re making you order from, and your behaviour on our Application. We may cross reference the information we hold about you with that held by our service providers for safety and fraud prevention purposes and may link your publicly available information to the information we hold about you.
2. What do we use your information for?
We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information: if we need to process your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Where we need to in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
• to enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the Sites.
• to supply the services, you have requested e.g. for our riders to deliver you your ordered Items.
• to enable us to collect payment from you; and
• to contact you, where necessary concerning our services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order.
We also process your data where we have a justifiable reason for doing so— for example personalisation of our service, including processing data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders. We have listed these reasons below:
• to improve the effectiveness and quality of service that our customers can expect from us in the future.
• to tailor content that we or our third party restaurant or advertising partners display to you, for example so that we can make sure you see the advertising , based on characteristics determined by us;
• to enable our customer support team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible and to provide a positive customer experience.
• to contact you for your views and feedback on our services and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to the Sites or our services, including letting you know that our services are operating in a new area, where you have asked us to do so;
• to send you information by post about our products, services, and promotions (if you do not want to receive these, you can let us know by getting in touch (see Contact Details)).
• to analyse your activity on the Sites so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and for statistical and analytical purposes and to help us to prevent fraud.
• to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims and to protect the rights of Societe catering, riders, or others (including to prevent fraud);
• if you submit comments and feedback regarding the Sites and the services, we may use such comments and feedback on the Sites and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city in which you live; and
• where you have chosen to receive push notifications from us through our mobile application, we may send you push notifications relating to the services that you have requested from us and information about our services and offers. You can choose to stop receiving push notifications from us at any time by changing your preferences on your mobile device or by getting in touch (see Contact Details).
We will also analyse data about your use of our services from your location data to create profiles relating to you and for you. This means that we may make certain assumptions about what you may be interested in and use this, for example, to send you more tailored marketing communications, to let you know about special offers or products which we think you may be interested in. This activity is referred to as profiling. You have certain rights in relation to this type of processing. Please see ‘Your Rights’ section below for more information.
Where we are under a legal obligation to do so we may use your information to:
• Create a record of your order(s).
• Comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement to which we are subject.
3. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Your personal data is stored in our Database and/or the database(s) of our service providers and can only be accessed by those authorized with special access rights to the systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
Your payment information and login credentials are transmitted and encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for your safety and protection. Sensitive payment details (such as CVV) will not be stored on our servers, but we may store other identifiers such as the last 4 digits and expiry date of the card. Sensitive and full payment information is securely stored on PCI-compliant servers of our payment providers.
It is paramount for you to take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account. You should keep confidential your password, security questions, and any other credentials used to access your account do not share your credentials. If you do share your credentials with a third party for any reason, the third party may have access to your account and your personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your credentials. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your credentials, please change them immediately by logging in to your account and changing your profile settings and contact us right away.
5. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Application, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information (like how many Application visitors we have) may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
6. Third Party links
7. Retention of your information
We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary.
Information that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in the ‘What do we use your information for ?” section above, in line with our legitimate interest or for a period specifically required by applicable regulations or laws, such as retaining the information for regulatory reporting purposes.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information may be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via prominent notice on our site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information
8. Your rights
Under data protection law, you may have a number of rights concerning the data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent, and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this policy.
The right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it). This will enable you, for example, to check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law. If you wish to access the information, we hold about you in this way, please get in touch (see Contact Details).
The right to rectification. You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in information that we hold by contacting us (see Contact Details).
The right to erasure. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of certain of the information that we hold about you by contacting us (see Contact Details).
The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing and profiling (see Contact Details).
Societe catering understands the importance of privacy of users of our services and in particular the the privacy of children who visit or use our services. Societe catering will not knowingly collect personal information from a child such as a postal address or telephone number, without the consent of a parent or guardian. If a parent or guardian consent is required, we will collect the email address of the parent or guardian so we can provide notice of our information practices and/or seek the parent’s or guardian’s consent. Parents also may refuse to permit further collection or use of their child’s personal information, when the parent has previously provided consent. To do so, please contact us at the address, telephone number or email address provided below with your request.
10. Contacting Us